It's that time of year again! I'm feeling a bit more in the Christmas mood since the mountains picked up about a foot of snow yesterday. Snowy woods are one of the most magical things in the world (I finally get why Robert Frost wrote that poem).
But while snow can make things feel fresh, magical, and innocent, I can't shake the darkness that has recently descended. It feels more important than ever to support artists, artisans, and creative people. Art is a big part of what makes like bearable for me, and by purchasing gifts from artists and craftspeople, it helps keep those lovely souls going.
I'm sharing a small snippet of pretty things from Catskill-area makers -- I hope you get inspired to seek out the work of these artisans, and those in your own community.
Clockwise from the top:
1) Mouse pillow by Gina Dambra Studio. $112.
2) Bear ornament by Yvonne Laube Designs. $9.
3) Mobile by Made by Jen Kelly. Inquire for price.
4) Lumberjack soap by Hudson Naturals. $7.
5) Goldenrod-dyed infant beanie by Little Mountain Kids Clothing. $12.
Check back for more good-for-humanity gift guides throughout the season!