During the last several weekends, we've focused the majority of our time on updating the living room. As a reminder, here's where we started:
We removed the carpet right away.
Since January, we've replaced the propane heater, removed the defunct fireplace, painted, and installed the floating cork floors. Here's where we are now:
The click-together, supposedly-very-easy floors were a bit tricky for a few reasons. The first, and most important, being that nothing in this house is square. We discovered that was a problem when we first began installing these, and realized that without flat walls the brace against, the puzzle piece-like sections would just fall away from each other. I'll post a full tutorial on how to install floating floors when this is an issue in the coming weeks.
Up next for the living room: attempting to paint the top half of the 20 foot cathedral wall, putting in the baseboards, installing the new sconces (that I got for $5!), assembling the couch, and all the other decorating-y things. Onward!